Looking for a speaker for your group? Someone who can talk a blue streak about vintage photos and the achievements of American women in the early 20th century?
I am happy to assist! These topics are among my current favorites:
- Thanks to Her: Finding Power and Inspiration in Your Family Photos
- The 1900s: New Ideas, New Technologies and the New Woman
- The 1910s: World War I, Social Protests and The Spanish Influenza
- The 1920s: Flappers, Speakeasies, Bathtub Gin and Jazz
- The 1930s: The Great Depression, Dust Storms and The New Deal
- The 1940s: World War II, Rations and Rosie the Riveter
Please note that my “Thanks to Her” presentations are designed to include audience participation and opportunities for Q&A.
Please note: The vintage black-and-white images on this page are all part of the Prints & Photographs Online Catalog at the Library of Congress. This is a wonderful free resource that can help you research your own family photos. Click each photo to learn more about the subject matter.